Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Up and Running

So this is my new official blog site but, once again, I've run into the problem of not enough space for free accounts to hold all my pictures so I'm just going to revert to my Facebook.  All of you reading this have access to it (or should) so you'll be able to see my photos there.  Sorry about the inconvenience of multiple sites but this is my best option.

On to more important things:
Switzerland!

As I'm sure most of you have heard, I went skydiving in Switzerland a couple weekends ago.  Just as I had hoped and predicted it was amazing.  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day (in winter that is) and after a slight delay due to fog we were able to get up in the air.  It was Sam, John, Bianca and I all jumping as a group.  Since the plane was small and there were a number of extras that needed to accompany us for the travel we have to jump in two groups, John and Sam and Bianca and I.  After getting suited up we watched John and Sam go up and leap out (they were tiny little dots in the sky) then gradually grow bigger and bigger.  Upon landing all Sam could say was "that was awesome" and John was speechless from his amazement.  As you can imagine, that just got me more excited so for the entire plane ride up I was smiling like a big idiot anticipating what was to come.  When we were at the right altitude the other jumpers in the plane went through their usual pre-jump routine of giving high fives and the likes then out they went.  Bianca jumped first and hearing her nervous "oh my God's" followed by a scream and a laugh when they jumped made me laugh out loud.  When it was my turn we scooted to the edge of the plane where I got into the position seen in the photos.  Right before we jumped he gave a countdown then leaned out.  We were in free fall for 45 seconds (which is actually a really long time) and I'm pretty sure I was yelling with joy for the entire thing *sorry tandem jumper dude*.  Anyway, it was probably the best experience I've had to date which is quite a statement I know but it's true.  The rest of the day was spent recovering (got back at noon and I was exhausted so I took a nap) then we went out and roamed around the small city enjoying it.  It was a very picturesque town which I had expected but was still shocking in a way.

After a late lunch we all went back to relax before getting picked up again at 6pm to go night sledding.  This was the first time I'd ever been sledding (for real), much less night sledding so it was, once again, awesome.  At the end of the day, it was agreed that that day had been the best ever for everyone in Switzerland.  Sledding took about an hour to get down the hill (though I wish it had been 2) and was ended at a restaurant where we were served cheese fondue and beer then brought back into town.  Some people went out that night but I, for one, was exhausted and didn't want to push myself too far or I wouldn't have loved the day as much as I do.  The next day we didn't train out until 1 in the afternoon so Sam and I did homework on the computers provided which lead to a very relaxed travel experience as well as evening at home.

Again, Facebook for pictures (might have to go through more than just my album to see the sledding ones, I didn't bring my camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment