Thursday, April 28, 2011

Long Time No See

Well hello there!  It has indeed been a while but I wanted to wait until I had enough to tell to make it interesting to read.  This entry dates back a while because between then and now its just been a lot of school and routine which is fun for me but boring as hell to read.  Anyway, on to the action!

One Tuesday evening we all went (all AiB students as well as the Texas kids) to the Germany/Australian soccer game.  Good news and bad news; bad news, we lost.  Good news, it was really exciting and experiencing a game from the stadium was awesome.  Everyone got super into it which was a blast.

A couple weeks later we went on an excursion to Aachen and Maastricht which started off dull but got awesome later on.  To start, we went to a church with a lot of relics and the likes which was, in retrospect, pretty cool but at the time it didn't seem that substantial.  The building was old, as you can imagine, and had been built in several different steps which showed in the different architecture styles used throughout it but it wasn't jaw dropping.  Also doesn't help that I forgot my camera again which has turned into the theme of this trip unfortunately.  Next we went to the point where Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium meet and, after taking a couple quick pictures, we all went and played at the playground for about 20 minutes.  There were all sorts of cool structures and such that we'd never played on before so it was an exciting time for all of us.

From there we went to Maastricht to tour some caves and stumbled upon the greatest tour guide of all time.  His name was Cornelius (plus like 6 middle/last names) but he asked us to call him Cor.  He was about 65 and loved giving these tours which made it all the more awesome.  After getting out of the creepy, pitch black tunnels we got some free time to roam the city where a small group of us went to get fries and walk around the city.  About 30 minutes before we had to meet back up to go we decided to go get some pancakes which turned out to be a delicious choice.  At 6:30 we met at the bus and headed home.

Friday night, the night after, I ended up playing Activity with my host parents and their game night friends.  I dare say that of all nights in Germany, playing pictionary/taboo/the one where you pantomime the word all in one game with Germans was probably the best one so far.  I don't think that sentence flowed as well as I intended it to so what I'm saying is that it was awesome.  We played in English but the cards were still in German so I had to use my host dad's iPad to translate the words.  The night ended at around 2 when most people went home, one guy stayed (didn't like going home I guess) so I played chess against him.  He owned me but the fact that I played chess against a German guy at 2am is a cool story on its own.

Finally, to end with a bang Phantasialand.  Germany's 6 flags.  It was fucking awesome.  There were tons of roller coasters that no one else wanted to go on but I loved, no surprise there.  I'll post pictures taken and a video my host dad took of me on one of the rides to my Facebook soon.  Anyway, it was super fun to get some adrenaline pumping for a few hours.  Park opened at 9am so we got there at 8:30 and closed at around 7 but we were all done by 6.  All in all a successful day.

Oh yea, and I played tennis with/against my host dad and sister the other day.  It was really fun to get back into it and run around again.  If any of you at home are mediocre tennis players and want to rally for a bit let me know, it'd be fun to casually get back into it.

That's all folks!  I'm off to take my last final then relax before packing to go to London, Ireland and Scotland before returning back to the States.  PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment